Naurex is a biopharmaceutical company developing therapies for difficult-to-treat depression and other challenging diseases of the central nervous system. All of our programs, including two rapid-acting antidepressants currently in clinical development, stem from our proprietary platform for discovering novel compounds that work through a new mechanism, modulating the NMDA receptor to affect pathways involved with neuroplasticity.
Naurex has two therapies for depression currently in clinical development. In Phase 2 studies, our 1st-generation compound, GLYX-13, has shown rapid-acting, robust, and sustained antidepressant activity and has been well tolerated, with none of the pyschotomimetic side effects associated with other drugs and mechanisms that target the NMDA receptor. Naurex’s 2nd-generation compound, NRX-1074, is an orally active agent in Phase 2 clinical development for the treatment of major depressive disorder. We are also advancing additional molecules from our proprietary drug discovery platform into clinical development for the treatment of other challenging CNS diseases.
- Nov 17, 2014 – Data Presented at Society for Neuroscience Demonstrates that Naurex’s GLYX-13 Enhances Synaptic Plasticity through NMDA Receptor Modulation (PDF)
- May 15, 2014 - Naurex to Present at UBS Global Healthcare Conference (PDF)
- May 6, 2014 – Naurex Reports Positive Top-Line Phase 2b Results for Novel Antidepressant GLYX-13 and Advances NRX-1074 into Phase 2 Depression Study (PDF)
- Mar 3, 2014 – FDA Grants Fast Track Designation to Naurex’s Rapid-Acting Novel Antidepressant GLYX-13 (PDF)
- Feb 27, 2014 - Naurex to Present at Cowen and Co. 34th Annual Health Care Conference (PDF)
- Jan 10, 2014 - Naurex to Present at the 32nd Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference (PDF)
- Jan 8, 2014 - Naurex Names Dr. Norbert G. Riedel President and Chief Executive Officer (PDF)